Director of Board Engagement
Company: Jewish Community Center Works
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Director of Board Engagement
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670 About the Position The Director of Board
Engagement is a key part of the team that supports the activities
and expansion of the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees at
the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades. The Director of Board Engagement
works closely with the CEO and Board Chair, Executive Committee,
and the Director of Development. The role provides high-level
administrative support and requires great diplomacy, discretion,
resourcefulness and flexibility. This role presents an opportunity
to work across a diverse range of people within and outside of the
organization and to develop skills. Responsibilities
- Manages calendar for the Board, including scheduling, preparing
and circulating materials, and follow-up for meetings. This
includes meetings for the Board of Directors, Board of Trustees,
Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Strategic Planning
Committee and Capital Campaign Committee, as well as others as
- Updates and maintains Board materials and resources such as
Board bios, detailed contact information, and onboarding
- Supports regular communication (e.g. emails, updates and calls)
with Board members to deepen their relationship with the JCC.
- Updates and maintains database with all Board members' contact
information, notes, and actions.
- Works closely with Development Team to assess reporting and
data needs of the Board particularly donor portfolios including
meeting attendance, committee participation and annual giving
- In partnership with the Development Team, communicates with the
Board at least quarterly to keep them apprised of their annual
- Responds to inquiries and correspondences in a timely fashion
and serves as a knowledgeable resource for staff and partners on
the various departments within the Center.
- Takes meeting minutes during Board meetings and other meetings
as needed, tracks all next steps and follow-up required.
- Coordinates team projects as needed, including logistics
management and timeline accountability.
- Provides executive support to the CEO and Board Chair as
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; 3-5 years of related experience
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated
cultural competency and ability to work effectively with diverse
stakeholders across departments and in the community.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced
environment and to handle highly confidential and sensitive
information with integrity and the utmost professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in the functional use of Microsoft Word, Excel and
PowerPoint with the capability to master new software applications
and technologies as needed. This position description is based upon
material provided by Kaplen JCC on the Palisades, an equal
opportunity employer. Sarah Raful Whinston, Senior Search
Consultant 85,000 - 95,000 Agency Information: About Kaplen JCC
Kaplen JCC is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass
through its front doors. The 185,000 square foot building plus
acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and
outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios,
2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious
spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is
home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril
Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and
Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high
quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to
seniors and individuals with special needs. The JCC has a budget of
$21M and 3000 family households.
Keywords: Jewish Community Center Works, Tenafly , Director of Board Engagement, Executive , Tenafly, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!