Executive Director, Therapeutic Area - Gastro
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Ridgefield Park
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - Executive Director, Therapeutic Area - Gastro
(214566) Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global
employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive
culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an
inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. Executive Director, Therapeutic Area - Gastro - 214566
Description: The Associate Head of Medicine (AHoM) has overall
medical strategic responsibility for Clinical Development and/or
Medical Affairs for designated asset(s) within a Therapeutic Area.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
employees. Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the HoM and other AHoMs, exert medical
and scientific strategic leadership for the Therapeutic Area, with
a focus on assets within his/her area of responsibility.
- Maintain and spread knowledge of scientific developments,
(products, mechanisms, methodologies) competitor strategies and
external environment developments within his/her area of
- Ensures alignment regarding scientific platforms, medical
communication and publication strategies as well as the Product
Maintenance and Optimization strategies for each substance or
project under their responsibility as delegated by TA HoM.
- Review and approve final Clinical Trial Reports, Clinical Trial
Protocols, scientific publications according to established
procedures as delegated by the TA HoM.
- Ensures the review of the Master Plans, related Clinical
Development plans and Clinical Trial Protocols and programmes, by
the CEG for each substance or project under their responsibility as
delegated by TA HoM.
- Key decision maker in internal committees with regard to the
his/her area of responsibility (e.g. Member of Clinical Expert
Groups (CEG), contribute to and co-ordinate medical/clinical
contributions to pre-clinical research, development and
translational medicine as well as MedicoMarketing strategy and
project-related documents (as responsibility for his/her products
- Provide consultation to the International Labelling Committee
(ILC) in their obligation to maintain marketed products.
- Serve as a member of the Therapeutic Area Licensing Advisory
team, responsible for preliminary, clinical evaluation of
in-licensing opportunities and oversight of in-depth inlicensing
evaluations as delegated by the TA HoM.
- Manage employees belonging to his/her team and establish and
maintain adequate standards of people management e.g. Training and
personal development, communication, interface definition and
- Advise, coach and develop his/her teams regarding the
preparation of key deliverables within his/her area of
- Support annual international medical budgeting process as
delegated by the TA HoM.
- Supports and backs TA HoM according to individually documented
delegation of responsibilities. Requirements:
- MD or PhD from an accredited institution.
- Sound clinical and scientific experience in the TA of ten to
fifteen (10-15) years (combination of hospital, academic and
industry experience. Clinical / pharma experience in the US a
- Experience in registering products in Europe, the US and
- Expertise in medical affairs / scientific affairs, clinical
development / basic research, regulatory affairs, relevant disease
area. Solid relationships with key stakeholders.
- Sound medical and scientific leadership - maintains team's
focus on high priority items even under constantly changing
circumstances. Pragmatic leader that supports teams to remove
hurdles and resolve issues.
- Ability to act with grace and resilience under pressure.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Full command of English Language.
- Excellent presentation, training and facilitation skills.
- Strong track record of interactions with regulatory affairs
authority, international societies and other relevant
- Situational Responsiveness.
- Deals with Ambiguity.
- Constantly learns and improves.
- Advanced Management and Sound Management Skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older. Who We Are: At Boehringer
Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal:
to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies
and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on
long term performance.--We are powered by 50.000 employees globally
who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive
culture.--Learning and development for all employees is key because
your growth is our growth. Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal
opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a
diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives
and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our
employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's
actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin;
age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender
identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or
intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or
related medical condition; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Tenafly , Executive Director, Therapeutic Area - Gastro, Executive , Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!