Indirect Category Manager
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Text to Apply!Text JOIN2978 to 845-400-TEAM (8326)
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
Under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager - Capital &
Indirect, the Indirect Category Manager will in general be
responsible for strategic execution of sourcing and procurement
functions company-wide for the assigned indirect categories.
- Adheres to approved policies and procedures to ensure that the
assigned procurement functions are accomplished consistent with
Corporate operational and financial standards and within nationally
recognized purchasing practices.
- Operates in strict adherence within Corporate guidelines on
business ethics and safety policies.
- Maintains and leverages subject matter expertise to directly
impact the profitability and productivity of the
- Develops, presents, and actions corporate level indirect
category procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Assists in the development and standardization of product and
services portfolios across all business entities.
- Negotiates Master Purchase Agreements providing a strategic
advantage for the organization. Utilizes subject matter expertise
and industry best practices to measure, manage, and improve
supplier performance including but not limited to cost and risk
reduction, improved quality, on-time delivery, technology
- Supports stakeholders with vendor market analysis and supplier
landscape studies to ensure qualified and acceptable vendors are
included in the RFx processes.
- Manages the RFx processes (RFI/RFP/RFQ) with suppliers in
support of stakeholder requirements as needed.
- Works with management stakeholders to establish baselines for
budget and cost saving targets for assigned categories.
- Ensures sourcing activities employ approved vendors in
consideration of company-wide supplier compression
- Utilizes effective administration of the purchasing system,
using current ERP, document management, and purchasing information
- Supports and provides guidance to local buyers, engineers,
plant managers, and other stakeholders in purchases of assigned
categories as needed.
- Drives utilization of tools and techniques that align to
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures
including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment
- Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the
- Monitors Supplier performance and maintains appropriate files
to ensure suppliers are aware of their performance.
- Develops influential and positive stakeholder relationships
across the group.
- May act as a delegate for the Purchasing Manager - Capital
Equipment & Indirect in specifically assigned activities.
- May manage other purchasing employees as part of assigned
- Minimum ten (10) years of indirect materials and services
strategic sourcing and procurement experience in manufacturing
environments. Chemical industry experience a plus.
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to influence and build consensus within
cross-functional project management teams.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Solid decision-making skills.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Please see job description
Keywords: balchem, Tenafly , Indirect Category Manager, Executive , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!