Service Excellence Manager I
Company: Valley Bank
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Under the direction of the Market Manager, the Service
Excellence Manager provides branch staff with oversight, works with
branch staff to ensure compliance and adherence to all Bank
policies while providing an outstanding customer experience. Leads
by example in bank product knowledge, sales and customer support.
Provides a supportive work environment and guidance to branch staff
to meet product sales goals and service standards. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and
satisfaction, individually and collectively within the branch.
Provides quality customer service through personal contact with
customers and prospects in adherence with company policy including,
handling customer issues in person or over the phone in researching
and resolving issues.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive product sales and
promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer
experience and branch success. Create a welcoming atmosphere that
ensures continuous client engagement.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize
sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with
other service needs (account opening & maintenance and processing
transactions) for existing and prospective customers. Comprehensive
knowledge of all Bank products and services and the ability to
discuss and demonstrate with customers.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and
use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and
efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize
technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and
Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring adequacy of Branch cash for daily
transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping
currency & coin and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in
- Participates and supports CRA initiatives, activities and
- Reviews and approves requests - to include approval to cash
large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets,
and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas
such as controllable operating losses through compliance with
established Bank policies and procedures.
- Continues to build proficiency of banking principles and
techniques by attending internal training, external training, and
completion of continuing education courses.
- Collaborates with the Market Manager by providing feedback
regarding interviews, hiring, performance appraisals and
disciplinary actions for the staff.
- Assists in community events (i.e. Habitat for Humanity) etc.
Participates in and supports CRA initiatives, activities and
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of
Conduct and all policies and procedures. Operational
- Under the direction of the Market Manager, supervises all
operational aspects of the branch functions to ensure satisfactory
audit ratings and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Full knowledge of all branch operations encompassing making
sound business decisions and including evaluating, honoring and
approving all exception items minimizing potential loss to the
bank; supervises Operational Risk.
- Ensure the branch -complies daily, -meeting all Retail Banking
Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure Staff and Branch is in full proof daily.
- Order and/or prepare currency shipments, ensuring cash vault in
proof daily and maintained with assigned cash limits.
- Maintain and prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Knowledge and review of proper account opening documentation,
ensuring proper documentation is collected and maintained to comply
with policy and procedure, including the completion of timely site
- Knowledge of KYC (Know Your Customer) and CIP (Customer
- Knowledge of wire documentation, with responsibility for
obtaining proper documentation and approvals prior to sending a
- Oversees timely submission and accuracy of all Branch
Management Operational reports, AML reporting and audits as
required, including reconciliation of Branch general ledger
accounts and other report inconsistencies, knowledge of Suspicious
Activity red flags.
- Represent VNB in dealing with customer complaints, inquiries or
problems, including written correspondence; escalate through proper
channels where appropriate.
- Complete all Learning & Development classes as required,
including annual Learning Management System training.
- Oversees expenses within established budget guidelines (contra,
- Ensure branch appearance meets the Bank's standards including
correct and complete signage, address building maintenance issues
timely. Sales Requirements:
- Participate in, help develop and organize in-branch sales
- Meet individual in-branch sales goals.
- Build and expand customer relationships to maintain deposit
base and grow the branch.
Keywords: Valley Bank, Tenafly , Service Excellence Manager I, Executive , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...