Med Tech I Blood Bank Reference Lab (Shift 2 Sign on Bonus)
Posted on: June 13, 2022
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under minimal supervision, this position is
responsible for performing routine testing of biological specimens
and reviewing test results. This position is also responsible for
providing skilled technical support in the laboratory.DUTIES AND
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance
issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Performs high complexity testing (e.g., stem cell processing,
CBC differentials, antigen screens, antibody ID, and cross
- Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Assists in investigative studies, as directed.
- Participates in quality control, preventive maintenance, and
- Performs routine testing in the lab for quality control of
components, single donor platelet yields, automated red cell
technology problems, etc., as requested.
- Provides technical support/liaison to hospital transfusion
- Resolves problems between departments that prevent production
and distribution of blood components.
- Performs final record review.
- Assists with training.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment. Notifies
appropriate personnel if additional service is needed.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
assigned.REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge/EducationBachelor's degree in a
chemical, physical, biological, medical technology or clinical
laboratory science required or equivalent education, training
and/or experience with certification as a Medical Technologist by a
recognized certifying agency.Licenses/ Certifications
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized
certifying agency required (or must receive certification within
six months) or CLIA equivalent for high complexity testing
- State licensure (as required by regulations).ExperienceNo
experience required (experience from school program with a full
year of internship would suffice for this
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift
up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication,
organization, analytical, and decision making skills and be able to
comprehend and apply clinical laboratory procedures and
- Must be able to maintain donor, patient and employee
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle
and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when
necessary.As an essential operation to the nation's healthcare
infrastructure and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes
that being vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our
employees, our donors, their families, and the broader community.
With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees to be fully
vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals applying for
this position should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19
vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to be
vaccinated as of first date of employment unless approved exemption
exists prior to start. Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity
is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us
know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to
accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that
this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations
only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.Please see
the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to
compliance:EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementPay
Transparencye-VerifyAll candidates who receive a conditional
written offer of employment will be required to undergo a
pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's
Keywords: Vitalant, Tenafly , Med Tech I Blood Bank Reference Lab (Shift 2 Sign on Bonus), Healthcare , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!