Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Provides and directs speech therapy services to residents,
including assessment, treatment, program planning and
implementation, related documentation, and communication. Functions
under physician's orders.
Speech Therapist Responsibilities
- Provides speech therapy services to residents and initiates
referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to
determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment
planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents,
family, and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with
other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list,
including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve
- Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family and other team
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and modifies
treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain
and enhance the performance of the resident in their own
- Documents results of resident's assessment, treatment,
follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the
- Recommends and obtains appropriate equipment to improve
patient's communication. Instructs patient, family and staff in use
of augmentative communication devices.
- Instructs patient, family and staff in appropriate
speech-language procedures or home program to allow carry-over of
therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and of individual speech therapy programs for
effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Speech Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of speech therapy services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as
- Provides in-service education to members of the resident's care
team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Records billable treatment times according to Speech Therapy
Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Speech Therapist
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Regular attendance. PI186822709
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Tenafly , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Norwood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!