RN - Home Visitor/Nurse Family Partnership
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
OverviewProvides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet
the needs of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the
delivery of cost effective multidisciplinary health care services
for a caseload of patients/clients consistent with VNS Health
philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing
Practice. Works under moderate supervision.For Nurse-Family
Partnership (NFP) only: Provides health education, social support
and community linkages to meet the needs of pregnant and
postpartum, first-time mothers and their infants. Also responsible
for adhering to NFP national guidelines.Responsibilities
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient/client through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient/client care.
Consults with management on complex/unique reimbursement
- Acts as the coordinator of care for the multidisciplinary team
by providing and managing the care needs of patients/clients which
includes making/confirming referrals to other disciplines/community
agencies and ordering supplies/services and ensuring they are
delivered as needed.
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures, as well as NFP requirements as
appropriate. Initiates and maintains written (including clinical
and progress notes) and verbal communications with team members and
management to assure optimal patient/client care.
- Participates in the orientation of selected staff through buddy
system field observation of staff and feedback to appropriate staff
involved in orientation process.
- Participates in selected student programs by providing
guidance, training and mentoring to students.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and other
supplies using VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case
weighing approximately 25 30 lbs. to and from patient/client
- Travels to patient/clients homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
project, as assigned.For CHHA and Hospice Only
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from appropriate multidisciplinary health team members (i.e.,
physician, OT, PT, SW, SLP, family members, caregivers, HHAs, etc.)
based on goals mutually acceptable to the patient and significant
others. Ensures that services follow the plan of care by ongoing
assessment, planning, coordination, counseling, teaching and
supervision of the delivery of care to meet the needs of the
- Oversees/supervises the care provided to the patient by
Licensed Practical Nurses and Paraprofessionals through regular
home visits in compliance with regulatory and VNS Health
requirements. Assesses the patients condition, monitors the effect
of the care plans on the patient/family health status, informs
physician and other team members of changes in the client's needs
and updates the plan of treatment, as needed.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the patients safe
discharge from service. Ensures that physicians orders, discharge
summary and communication to team members, patient and family
members adhere to VNS Health and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates and consults with patients MD and follows-up on
problematic situations affecting care such as abnormal clinical
findings, medication discrepancies, or other factors that impact
patients ability to comply with the plan of care. Manages and
coordinates all aspects of assigned caseload.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, which may
require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of
varying weights and physical conditions, with and without
assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or
paraprofessionals.For NFP Only
- Establishes, implements, and revises a plan of care with input
from the client and from appropriate multidisciplinary health team
members (i.e., social worker, physician) based on goals mutually
acceptable to the client. Ensures that services follow the plan of
care by ongoing assessment, planning, coordination, counseling,
teaching, and evaluation of the delivery of care to meet the needs
of the client.
- Manages, plans, coordinates and executes the clients safe
discharge from service. Ensures that discharge summary and
communication to team members, patient and family members adhere to
VNS Health and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet clients needs.
- Participates in all required NFP training sessions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required.
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.Education:
- Degree in Nursing from an approved program required.
- Bachelor's Degree NFP Only- Nursing required.Work Experience:
- Experience for CHHA:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical
- Experience for Hospice:
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience, including
at least six months of Hospice, or Med/Surg or ICU or Emergency
Dept or Home care, Palliative Care, Oncology or Long Term Care
- Experience for NFP:
- Minimum of one year of recent experience in maternal/child
- Demonstrated basic computer skills required.
Keywords: VNS Health, Tenafly , RN - Home Visitor/Nurse Family Partnership, Healthcare , Tenafly, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...