Registered Nurse, Hospice Home Care, RN (Bronx)
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: September 10, 2023
Provides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet the needs
of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost
effective multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of
patients/clients consistent with VNS Health philosophy, policy,
goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Works
under moderate supervision.
For Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) only: Provides health education,
social support and community linkages to meet the needs of pregnant
and postpartum, first-time mothers and their infants. Also
responsible for adhering to NFP national guidelines.
VNS Health is hiring Full-Time Hospice RNs to work in the
As part of VNS Health's Hospice Team, Hospice RNs render palliative
care to end-of-life patients in the home setting. With the support
of the field team--including RNs, LPNs, supervisors, and other
providers in the collaborative care team--RNs meet patients in
their most comfortable setting to provide quality, comfort-based
care and education.Some of what this role offers:
- Sign-on bonus of $12,000
- Excellent benefits
- Unionized position
- Opportunity to interface with patients and families in the
comfort of their own home and provide holistic, person-focused
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, including
educational opportunities and room for promotion and lateral
- Supportive, inclusive company cultureResponsibilities:
- Render care in accordance with VNS policy, goals, objectives,
philosophy, and Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Direct, hands-on patient care, including: wound care;
management of IV's and catheters; administration of
- Case management responsibilities, including: scheduling;
assessments; assessments; referrals; documentation.
- Assess physical, psychological, and social needs of patients
and environmental conditions in order to develop an effective plan
- Travel to patients' homes to render care
- All types of patient visits, including start of care and
- Report to regional leadership
- Participation in regional team activities, including "buddying"
with selected staff during orientation and providing feedback on
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains
written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal
communications with team members and management to assure optimal
Licenses and Certifications:
License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State Required
Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.
Degree in Nursing from an approved program required
Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience, including at
least six months of Hospice, or Med/Surg or ICU or Emergency Dep't
or Home care, Palliative Care, Oncology or Long Term Care
Keywords: VNS Health, Tenafly , Registered Nurse, Hospice Home Care, RN (Bronx), Healthcare , Alpine, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!