Technical Product Owner
Company: The Execu-Search Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Company is currently seeking a Technical Product Owner to join
our Digital Products team. The role requires that the individual be
a self-starter with demonstrated skills leading internal and 3rd
party engineering teams responsible for product development,
application architecture, UX/UI design, web API design and
governance and database schema design with considerations for
resilience, performance, extensibility and
- Responsible for leading engineers and other technical staff
responsible for successful delivery and ongoing evolution of
digital products. The successful candidate will have a proven track
record in product engineering and UI/UX development. Drive product
improvements by partnering with business partners and key
stakeholders in defining and improving the customer experience. A
key contributor to the Digital Product Design organization in
helping develop and implement product strategy and roadmaps.
- Product management responsibilities including managing the full
lifecycle of an application/product and all affiliated
responsibilities such as:
- business product owner relationship management
- design reviews and feature enhancements
- manage the development resources allocated to the product
- be the product "scrum master" and own the prioritization and
sprint planning to facilitate an agile based CI/CD product delivery
- ownership of product design and customer experience research
and analysis (UX/CX).
- ownership of product's technical architecture and strategy
- Participate in all aspects of product development and design
including performance, scaling, coding, caching, security,
encryption, state management, error logging and testing.
- Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis,
design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Work with product management and business analysts in an agile
environment to ensure continual release of high value
- Collaborate with other developers and business analysts in
conceptualizing and developing new software applications and
- Analyze business requirements and architect software solutions
to satisfy those requirements.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and
applications according to specifications.
- Employ best practices for designing scalable, extensible,
secure applications in a Windows environment.
- Design and develop both internal and external facing
APIs/RESTful services for Enterprise Application Integration of
applications hosted on premise and in the cloud.
- Design database schemas and stored procedures
- Perform unit testing and analyze application and database
performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of
correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, resolving
performance bottlenecks, and general debugging.
- Collaborate with infrastructure team, DBAs, and other software
developers to assist in resolving problems with software products
or company software systems.
- Assist/mentor other developers with full stack enterprise
application design strategies utilizing best practices.Position
- Proven experience in product engineering. Must have the passion
for being involved in the full cycle of product development - from
ideation to deployment. Will serve as the single point of contact
for all things technical for a given product.
- Must be proficient with UI/UX design tools/frameworks to work
with product designers to quickly prototype and ideate around
refining user experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information
systems, or a related field from an accredited college or
university is preferred.
- Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis,
design, development, testing and support utilizing traditional
waterfall and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to innovate and develop product frameworks based on
rich user experience and scalable technical architecture.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with software versioning and release
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player working in a matrix organization.
Contribute to the success of products not under your direct
responsibility and help mentor and raise the quality of product
development. Assist with code reviews and help establish best
practices to continuously improve and attain operational
- Required skills:
- 5+ years of experience designing/developing responsive web &
- Strong understanding of digital product development with an
emphasis on customer experience and analytics driven product
- Microsoft Azure & cloud native application development
- Node JS development
- JIRA or VSTS/ Azure DevOps
- Responsive web site design
- Data engineering - SQL, NoSQL, analytics
- Mobile Application development (desirable)
- Experience with serverless technologies & API based
microservices (highly desirable) - provided by Dice
Keywords: The Execu-Search Group, Tenafly , Technical Product Owner, IT / Software / Systems , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!