Senior Counsel or Assistant General Counsel
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Text to Apply!Text JOIN2980 to 845-400-TEAM (8326)
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet by providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in Montvale, New Jersey and we
have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and
R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in
1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with
annual revenues of $800 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0
billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human
Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty
Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are
engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company
into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our
dynamic, stable, and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The Senior Counsel (or Assistant General Counsel) will report
directly to the Company's Executive Vice President, General Counsel
and Secretary and will provide legal representation, guidance and
advice to one of Balchem's business segments regarding all aspects
of the business operations. In addition, the Senior Counsel (or
Assistant General Counsel) will handle various legal matters,
including drafting and reviewing various contracts, working with
outside counsel to manage data privacy and IP matters, providing
legal training, and handling general corporate and compliance
matters. There is ample opportunity to be involved in various legal
matters (including corporate and securities, as appropriate) and
grow and develop as a versatile and trusted legal counsel and
business partner. Compensation package is commensurate with
experience and Balchem offers generous benefits which include
medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match and a hybrid work
model. Relocation assistance will be considered for non-local
candidates as part of the package.
* Serve as lead counsel for at least one of Balchem's three
* Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts and
* General corporate and compliance matters.
* Manage data privacy matters, in conjunction with outside
* Manage various IP matters (for the business segment), in
conjunction with outside counsel.
* Conduct legal research, provide legal training and update
policies, as appropriate.
* Partner with various internal customers to address and provided
guidance on legal matters.
* Support the EVP, General Counsel and Secretary on various legal
and compliance matters.
* Law degree (J.D.) from an accredited law school. Admitted to
practice and member in good standing of any state bar.
* Minimum of three years of experience (five to eight years of
experience preferred) in a law firm or corporate legal department
* Able to relocate within commuting distance of our Montvale, NJ
* Hybrid work model (generally expected to be in the office three
days a week).
* Ability to multi-task, be adaptable, and manage various matters
effectively, including learning new areas of law.
* Strong business acumen and ability to provide sound, practical
legal advice and solutions.
* Ability to take initiative and lead various projects.
* Highest level of integrity and strong work ethic.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts,
including outside attorneys, senior management, and business
* Work is mostly sedentary.
* Operate typical office equipment such as computer.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
* Some travel, both domestic and international, may be
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Please see job description
Keywords: balchem, Tenafly , Senior Counsel or Assistant General Counsel, Legal , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!