Project Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Project Engineer (Design Group)
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the
mechanical design process working directly with our clients and
suppliers in the NY Metro area to implement project specifications
and document compliance. Project Engineers support the entire
project execution process inclusive of finances, scheduling,
procurement, & site support.
- Automation packaging line design and development to include
estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design,
implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up,
troubleshooting, and documentation facilities and equipment
compliant with local, state, federal, and international
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of
equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM’s) and contractors to
implement “cutting edge” automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement
objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change
Control, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate existing packaging operations, and suggest
and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging
equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- Must showcase a deep understanding of all types of packaging
equipment (filling, secondary packaging, palletizing) in a range of
industries and applications. Ideally including fully
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including
strategic and critical thinking.
- 2+ years of experience in packaging solutions, mechanical
design, and project engineering.
- Experience in the following industries strongly
preferred: Beverage, Food, Consumer Products, Pharmaceutical,
- Experience in writing scope of work documentation and managing
contractors on site.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable ACAD, SOPs and
- Knowledge of packaging components & equipment types correlating
to those components.
- General understanding of automation control systems (PLC, HMI,
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent project management skills including communication,
financial management, and team leadership.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but strong
consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Tenafly , Project Engineer (Design Group), Other , Nanuet, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!