Product Management Associate
Company: Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 5, 2021
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for providing routine product marketing and analysis
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Works with product users to increase the ability of Merit to
improve products to meet specific customer needs by:
- Identifying problems not met by existing products.
- Discussing possible changes in product specifications based
upon the unique needs of an individual customer.
- Coordinating with Sales staff to identify customers with
possible customized needs.
- Working with manufacturing staff to confirm pricing parameters
- Works with customers in coordinating Market Research Trials
- Identifying opportunities for adding accessories or improving
- Gathering information about product performance by observation
of procedures, questionnaires, interviews and face-to-face
- Explaining product improvement needs to Engineering and
- Evaluating overall product effectiveness and market
- Evaluates new product potential by:
- Researching and analyzing the existing market and the products
being manufactured by competing companies.
- Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential
- Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential
Trains sales staff in anatomy and physiology related to the
clinical application and use of Merit's products, the various
unique features of new and existing products, and the advantages
and weaknesses of Merit products when compared to other competing
Prepares and writes brochures and sales materials.
Serves on product decision making teams to assist in product
development and identifying marketing opportunities.
Prepares a variety of marketing and sales forecasts.
May function as a team member on problem solving teams or other
specialized work groups.
Works under general guidelines and supervision.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
in Marketing or related field and one year of related
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively and to
meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to conduct clinical
trials in an organized and methodical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare
professional written and oral presentations and market
- Excellent market research skills and the ability to report
research findings with high degrees of validity and
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word
processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Product problem identification
- Product effectiveness/market potential evaluation
- Anatomy/physiology/product training
- Brochure/sale material preparation and composition
- Marketing/sales forecasting
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely
to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing
their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that
may require exposure.
Keywords: Merit Medical Systems, Inc., Tenafly , Product Management Associate, Other , Bogota, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!