BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and
exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When
considering candidates, we look for scientific and business
professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most
importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
This position is responsible for driving the timely and
successful execution of strategic projects and change initiatives
across the Global Patient Safety (GPS) department. The individual
will be accountable for applying best-in-class project management
approaches to facilitate planning, budget & resource management,
and governance. The Project Manager may provide an independent
voice to help influence overall project strategy and optimal
decisions. Viewed as a key liaison to the business, the individual
will be expected to proactively build relationships across various
functions and levels across the organization to ensure effective
The ideal candidate should bring experience planning and
managing global, multi-site, large-scale projects and programs
within a regulated GxP environment.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Build and maintain integrated project plans, support
stakeholder management, and provide appropriate escalations to
drive timely and successful execution of strategic projects and
change initiatives across the Global Patient Safety function.
- Closely monitor and track project schedules against agreed
milestones, including supporting identification and management of
relevant critical paths and dependencies.
- Proactively identify project issues and risks, support issue
resolution, and develop risk mitigation plans in close partnership
with project teams and relevant business partners.
- Apply problem solving skills to innovate, challenge assumptions
and create novel practices when appropriate.
- Proactively build relationships across various functions and
levels across the organization to ensure effective stakeholder
management. Represent the Safety Project Management Office (PMO)
confidently in interactions with internal and external
- Lead project team meetings, including agenda development,
meeting facilitation, and documentation of meeting minutes.
- Create and present project updates to communicate status,
issues and risks.
- Support the advancement of the Safety Program Management Office
(PMO) through development and optimization of project management
tools, templates and processes.
- Support delivery of project management training to non-project
management professionals within the Global Patient Safety
Required Education & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, pharmacy, nursing or
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Must be highly proficient with business standard project
management applications (e.g., MS Project, SmartSheet), flowchart
applications (e.g. MS Visio), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and collaboration tools (e.g., O365, Zoom).
- SmartSheet certification is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the biotechnology /
pharmaceutical industry. Experience within clinical development,
drug safety functional areas is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of dedicated project management
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate to achieve
business strategies, drive accountability, and deliver
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the
ability to liaise with senior leaders.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver against objectives
within a complex evolving environment.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to
questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and
Adaptability - Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and
on time. Follows instructions and responds to management
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways
to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives
and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team
spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports
everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of
others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational
Travel: 15% International and Domestic (post COVID)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value
diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and