Analyst for Local Account Management College Recruiting
Company: Urban Science
Location: Woodcliff Lake
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Overview and Summary
Position Overview: This Analyst role is a very team oriented
position which encorporates the use of Technical, Analytic and
Client facing communications skills. A person in this role supports
the delivery of client services using their technical skills
(mostly SQL, Advanced Excel and Using Urban Science Poprietary
Software Solutions) to execute quality data-related projects and
assignments with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner.
STEM focused degrees in Computer Science, Math and Statisics as
well as other technical degrees are a good foundation for this kind
of position. The technical aspect of the role is not developer
level but uses a lot of basic SQL skills.
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on
supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the
automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help
our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and
increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their
toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership
network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently
converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business
through science-and we've been doing this since 1977.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With manager guidance, plans, organizes, develops and delivers
client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time,
adhering to client requested specifications.
- Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban
Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality
- Accurately performs application coding and testing functions
associated with the development of custom client software.
- Tracks, processes, analyzes and verifies data in order to
improve accuracy and quality.
- Use technical skills to accurately monitor, update and maintain
Urban Science internal software systems.
- Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and
- Coordinates with individuals or teams to complete analyses,
tasks and projects on time and with high quality.
- Effectively responds to client inquiries/requests in a timely
manner to help improve client satisfaction.
- Proactively communicates with management to provide updates and
report issues in a timely manner.
- Actively works with manager to understand and implement
solutions to improve NPS (client satisfaction).
- Actively supports and participates in required Urban Science
training programs to achieve targeted development objectives.
- Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and
performance review in a timely manner.
- Works with manager to prioritize other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education and Experience
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance
in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and
verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate
grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening
to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by
- Written Communication: Requires the ability and capacity to
communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate
grammar, syntax and sentence structure
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a
situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing
the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal
results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task
and adherence to performance standards
- Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a
trustworthy & transparent manner
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work
cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Self-Control: Requires the ability to keep emotions under
control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors
- Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive
statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses,
create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability
to apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for
charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, utilizing
functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data;
intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Access is
- Database: Working knowledge of relational database concepts,
which require gathering and manipulating data manually is
preferred; knowledge and experience with SQL is preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly
preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied
science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an
accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign
institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate
possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge
required for the role
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Apprentice level certification for one practice area
- Project Management Ambassador
- Urban Science Ambassador
- Statistics 1 & Basic Statistics Assessment (or external
- Intro to Operations Research (or external equivalent)
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of
work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is
NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required
by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours
beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.
Keywords: Urban Science, Tenafly , Analyst for Local Account Management College Recruiting, Other , Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!