Controller - Tea Division
Location: Englewood Cliffs
Posted on: June 9, 2021
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world,
with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and
Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to
ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently
reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an
initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models.
The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership
interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea
estates, with generated revenues of 2 billion in 2019, is growing
and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19.
As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the
world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take
full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more
focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier,
healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking.
Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its
brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile
decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven
by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are
seeking an experienced Controller to support the CFO in building
the North America financial arm of the global tea company. Ideal
candidates will have a passion for exciting entrepreneurial
experiences, and a desire to be an integral part in building the
bright future of this plant-based company.
- End to end responsibility of financial accounting, reporting
and cash management for North America
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices and
procedures in adherence to overall accounting and financial
policies and procedures of TeaCo.
- Uphold federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining
knowledgeable about existing, new and future legislation.
- Maintain strong internal controls in line with TeaCo global
- In conjunction with the CFO, ensure delivery of medium to long
term operating and financial benchmarks, budgets, program
monitoring and reporting standards.
- Business partnering, advising on the strategic financial
decisions and in-market trade-offs in cost & services
- Responsible for engagement with the service providers for
- Oversight of R2R, P2P and OTC.
- The individual has a natural bias for action and is willing to
make a positive difference to achieve higher levels of
- Takes direct ownership of objectives with high levels of
self-assurance to achieve goals.
- Bringing powerful analysis to issues and rapidly absorbs new
information and knowledge to apply new techniques, technology, and
- Impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the
issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- Reports into TeaCo America's CFO
- Key interfaces: TeaCo Global Corporate Controller, Latam
Controller, TeaCo Shared Service Centers, TeaCo Tax team
- This position will have from 1 to 5 direct reports including an
Assistant Controller and specialists in R2R, P2P, Order to
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field
- 10+ years' proven accounting experience
- CPA highly preferred
- International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) knowledge is
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance
regulations and reporting
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ideally a stint in both external audit firm and corporate FMCG
or related industry
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion
to drive our business results and create a better future every day
for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and
communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our
growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests,
which may include drug screening, background check, credit check
and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance
at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at
NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved
for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not
a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Keywords: Unilever, Tenafly , Controller - Tea Division, Other , Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!