Commercial Loan Closer
Company: ConnectOne Bancorp
Location: Englewood Cliffs
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Commercial Loan Closer will support the Bank's commercial
lending program by handling the necessary transactions needed to
close and book approved loans.
- Support the Bank's "People First" focus and rules of
engagement-maintaining a professional demeanor, working as an
active member of the CNOB team, providing clients excellent
service, always striving to make CNOB "A Better Place to Be".
- Responsible for managing and administering a portfolio of loans
from origination through to settlement and funding in accordance
with Bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzing internal bank loan approvals to determine required
due diligence and documentation for each loan transaction.
- Ordering all searches including flood and reviewing to ensure
compliance with bank policy, procedures, and regulatory
- Ensuring all collateral evaluations are ordered and reviewing
of same to clear issues.
- Reviewing and ensuring all required insurance including flood
is sufficient and in compliance with regulations.
- Preparation of internal pre-closing and post-closing
- Acting as liaison with lender, bank counsel and title
- Reviewing loan documentation to ensure compliance with loan
approval and policy and ensuring that all standard provisions are
included and are not compromised.
- Coordinating receipt of closing requirements with internal
departments, lender, bank counsel, borrower, and borrower's
- Confirming that all conditions within the approval have been
met and scheduling closing.
- Preparing Closing Letter for Bank Counsel which includes wire
break-down, fees, etc., reviewing Settlement Statements and
preparing funding wires.
- Preparing Booking sheet and reviewing loan after it is booked
into the system of record.
- Ensuring that all loans are closed without material,
administrative or compliance exceptions.
- Following up and clearing loan documentation exceptions,
approved post-closing documentation, and filed and recorded
- Maintain pipeline and process approved loans in a timely
- Ensure that all communications with clients are positive.
Escalate any issues as needed to the appropriate party, and taking
ownership and following up on a daily basis as necessary until
- Use of superior knowledge of commercial loan documentation,
title policies, appraisals, environmental assessments and entity
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State banking
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing
procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate
- Familiarity with Bank security and safety practices.
- Excellent communications, planning, customer service,
organization and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with
customers, bank attorneys and bank personnel.
- Thorough understanding of federal banking compliance and
- Excellent PC skills.
- Strong "People First" interest and ability.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Experience closing New York Construction and Commercial Loans,
New Jersey Construction and Commercial Loans,
participations/syndications, Commercial Mortgages, Lines of Credit
and Term Loans.
- Five plus years of experience as Commercial loan closer.
- Paralegal Certificate or 2 year Associate Degree in Paralegal
- College Degree preferred, but not required.
Keywords: ConnectOne Bancorp, Tenafly , Commercial Loan Closer, Other , Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!