Senior Chemist (i)
Company: The Bountiful Company
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Company DescriptionThe Bountiful Company, a Nestl-- Health
Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition,
living at the intersection of science and nature. As a
manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and
other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are
focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people's lives. The
Bountiful Company's portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's
Bounty, Solgar, Osteo Bi-Flex, Puritan's Pride, Sundown and
Ester-C.Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The
Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and
recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of
inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel
respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work
each day. Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits,
competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company
culture? If you've ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you
know how important a positive work environment is for a person's
well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting
wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a
pretty good place to start.Job DescriptionThe Senior Chemist will
perform routine and specialized, non-routine laboratory procedures
in a quality control laboratory. Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Performs routine testing of samples according to established
procedures. This may involve collecting specialized samples in
various production areas. Will focus on complex testing
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares
solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects
and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. Keeps supervisor
informed of work status.
- Prioritizes workload and meets scheduled timelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and supply needs required to
avoid delays in testing.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs
related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory
policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing
procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical
mix ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards.
Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using
proper and safe techniques. Selected qualified associates, at the
discretion of the Quality Control/Quality Management, will be
responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
- Performs testing for investigational studies of atypical
- Trains laboratory associates on testing procedures.
- Troubleshoots issues in the lab concerning testing procedures
- Maintains laboratory standards.
- Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the
purpose of training and development.
- Revises existing test methods with improvements.
- Executes new methods from written or published literature and
- Duties are performed under limited supervision. Job
- 7+ years of related experience with advanced expertise.
- Versatile skillset to provide expertise in most analytical
- A Bachelor's Degree in chemistry or closely related
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical, advanced
computer, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with limited
Keywords: The Bountiful Company, Tenafly , Senior Chemist (i), Other , Leonia, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!