Territorial Recovery and Partnerships Coordinator
Company: West Nyack - THQ
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: June 17, 2022
The Salvation Army is the largest non-governmental provider of
social services in America. Every year, we help over 30 million
Americans overcome poverty, homelessness, addiction, economic
hardships, loneliness, and exploitation through a wide range of
programs and services. We serve anyone in need who walks through
the doors of one of our 7,500+ service centers in almost every ZIP
code, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or
citizenship. In 2021, The Salvation Army was ranked second in The
Chronicle of Philanthropy's annual listing of "America's Favorite
Charities." If you want a career that inspires you and empowers you
to make a positive difference in peoples' lives, we encourage you
to apply today!
We are currently seeking a Recovery and Partnerships Coordinator to
provide management, coordination and direction for Emergency
Disaster Services (EDS) projects, training or in-person engagements
throughout the Eastern Territory. This position will assist with
the management all long-term recovery initiatives across the
Territory. Additionally, this position is responsible for any EDS
related grant reporting and tracking in coordination with other
departments, offices and partners.
This individual will work across the Territory to provide guidance
and oversight for disaster recovery efforts impacting Divisions by
providing assistance in securing NHQ and National level grant
funding, working with corporate partners offering disaster support
and serving as the lead for maximizing support to divisions
impacted by significant events.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include but are not limited
Territorial Recovery Coordination
- Partner with the Territorial EDS Coordinator in consulting with
Divisions to advise and assist with recovery phase transition,
planning and implementation.
- Work with Divisions to ensure that reporting deadlines and
requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Provide regular progress reports / updates of ongoing recovery
efforts throughout the Territory.
- Draft and disseminate reports on Salvation Army response and
recovery operations to partner agencies (government, voluntary and
- Provide oversight in tracking disaster related donations both
internally and externally to ensure funds designated are handled
appropriately and in a timely manner in order to maximize Divisions
ability to access funds.
- Coordinates disaster engaged corporate partnerships with
Territorial and National CRD staff to secure and maintain
charitable donations before and during disaster responses.
- Maintain a listing of key disaster partners, donors and
- Act as Territorial liaison for designated FEMA Regional
offices, National and Regional VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active
in Disaster) groups/committees and other entities as assigned.
EDS Territorial Grants
- Work with Territorial EDS Coordinator to implement grant
programs by establishing preliminary budget.
- Assist Territorial EDS Coordinator with NHQ / National grant
request submissions, tracking and reporting.
- Supervise grantees by monitoring expenditures, tracking
results, analyzing financial data, and maintaining clear lines of
- Coordinate grants with external offices such as National
Headquarters EDS, Territorial/National Community Relations and
Development and other departments as warranted.
- Maintain continued communication with department/person that
will issue final reports to grantor.
- Optimize grant administration process by conducting review of
process success and challenges.
- Compile pertinent documents into final report for review and
- Research new funding opportunities and engage regularly with
the Corporate Relations Department.
- Assist in management of territory-wide all hazards emergency
management, specific to respective divisions.
- Establish effective means of communication with divisions,
territories, National Headquarters, and partners as
- During major disasters serves on deployed staff of relief
operations as necessary and appropriate (usually not to exceed
- During Territorial disasters serves on THQ Incident Management
Team (IMT) in designated support role, helping to coordinate
personnel and resources.
- Support logistical efforts from THQ as required.
- Work with various vendors and suppliers as needed or
- Attend all assigned meetings as needed or required
- Assists Territorial EDS Coordinator in other duties as
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years' related experience
- Working knowledge of Long-Term Recovery (LTR) operations,
standards and practices, as well as experience with engaging in
recovery operations and/or programs.
- Understanding of FEMA recovery / individual assistance
- Working knowledge of VOAD and LTR/unmet needs roundtable
process and operations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience working in disaster zones and emergency management
related field preferred.
- Experience or high level of comfortability in presenting to
small-medium sized audiences.
- Overnight and extended travel (3 - 5 days) required regularly
(may include weekends).
- 50-60% travel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.--------
Keywords: West Nyack - THQ, Tenafly , Territorial Recovery and Partnerships Coordinator, Other , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!