Head of Product - Gas/GBE
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Location: Palisades Park
Posted on: June 21, 2022
About usEvery day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes,
communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the
most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they
live. The pace of change in society and our industry is
accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an
unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our
industry. -IT and Digital works in a harmonized partnership with
the National Grid group of diverse energy businesses to deliver
technology which revolutionizes the way we operate. As we lead the
charge towards a carbon-free future, our teams are embracing
disruptive changes in our industry by working with Agile
methodologies and adopting Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and
bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers.
-Job PurposeThe VP of Product Management New York / Gas -plays a
critical role in defining the vision for our Digital Strategy &
Capabilities and manage a family of 4 - 5 product lines and 9 - 11
products currently and chart the growth roadmap in support of
achieving the business strategy & delivering measurable business
outcomes.The successful candidate will have expertise and a proven
track record in product management with a strong acumen in linking
market needs to design concepts and technology. This individual
will collaborate with business functions across the enterprise as
well as customers and partners through a variety of contexts. This
role will require significant advisor and executive interaction as
well as experience with interacting with senior level stakeholders
in creating and delivering strategies, roadmaps, digital
capabilities and outcomes.This role will report directly into the
CIO for NY & dotted into the Chief Product Officer for National
Grid and will be a key member of both IT leadership teams.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Key Accountabilities
- Drive a strategic product vision and roadmap for a global
customer relationship management platform.
- Keeps the end user's experience at the heart of decisions.
- Developing and realizing multi-year roadmaps aligned to the
business vision and strategy.
- Leads product management team to groom, prioritize and sequence
feature backlog to deliver predictable outcomes.
- Responsible for the product features from start to finish. Key
decision maker on priorities and design decisions and works to
ensure that all partners are aligned. Inspects product progress and
has authority to accept or reject development.
- Define and analyze customer journeys, metrics, objectives, key
results, and productivity gains that inform the success of the
- Develop customer relationships to garner persona-based input
when building use cases.
- Developing budgets, forecasts, and metrics around portfolio
management and roadmap.
- Inspires behavior of "challenging the status quo" to transform
through innovation and breaks down barriers so individuals are
empowered and held accountable to do their best. Aligns employee
passion to business value outcomes.
- Oversee and continue to mature the product operations
- Exhibits the following proficiencies: accountable for high
quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places
the user in the center of decision making, teams up and
collaborates for speed, agility, and innovation; embraces
continuous learning, is curious, embraces ambiguity, voices
opinions; and takes personal accountability.
- Builds high performing teams and processes to deliver products
that exceed the needs of customers.
- Institutes a culture of customer engagement model that drives
- Evangelizes and excite our customers and internal
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and design to develop
and continually innovate product strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially at
the Executive level
- Ability to build relationships and influence broadly across the
- Background in technology or capability development a plus
- Background in a utility or large complex enterprise environment
- Ability to engage and inspire a team, attract and retain
subject matter experts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in product management
- 5+ years leading, developing, and mentoring high performing
- Proven track record of driving teams to results while
navigating a fast-changing environment within a rapidly scaling
- Demonstrated experience in attracting, retaining and developing
- Experience working with executives and stakeholders throughout
different functional areas of the business.
- Highly adept at informing product direction through
hypothesis-driven experimentation and data analysis
- Strong technology background, and experience and understanding
of the US Energy sector a plus -
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to navigate
ambiguity while thinking strategically and innovatively
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Tenafly , Head of Product - Gas/GBE, Other , Palisades Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!