ShopRite - Floral Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and
rotation of merchandise in the Floral Department; to maintain a
neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other
tasks as required in a safe and efficient manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to work in varying temperatures
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
securing helium tanks, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and
refuse as needed
* Operate a baler and compactor.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance; including filling balloons, preparing, and
wrapping, arranging and pricing merchandise.
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing,
storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to
ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between various
types of flowers and plants and related merchandise including use
* Keep display cases and other merchandising areas stocked and
signed; display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and
* Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Floral Department that
weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Floral Service operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including name
uniform, badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with with QA hand washing standards
and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Tenafly , ShopRite - Floral Clerk, Other , Hillsdale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!