Global Head of ICRM/AML Compliance - Data Governance and Data Integrity
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Data Quality Function Grp Mgr manages multiple teams of
senior professionals through other senior managers. The job
requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different
systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as
practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth
knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services
is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial
objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of
strategic direction of the function within the business, combined
with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function
and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required
in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely
to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which
will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other
related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to
long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a
large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring
coordination and integration across units. Provides input into
strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a
region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has
authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on
issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company
revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct
report to an EB role and sits on the highest functional leadership
team within a region, job function, or global business.
This role is responsible for data governance and data integrity for
Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM). The purpose of this
role is to provide end-to-end oversight of the ICRM data
"ecosystem," defining the strategy, governance, priorities,
oversight of operations, and data quality, ongoing improvement,
standards, controls, metrics, defect management (Data Concerns
Remediation Management (DCRM , reporting and risk management.
The team is organized to face-off with ICRM Process & Data Owners,
- AML Transaction Monitoring
- AML Know-Your-Customer
- including Sanctions, Trade Surveillance, Anti-Bribery &
- Control Group
- Financial Crimes Risk Assessment
- Market Conduct and Integrity, Disclosure of Interest
- Personal Trading Outside Activities
- Regulation W
- Regulations Management
- Trade Surveillance
- Additional ICRM areas as identified and prioritized Objectives
- Collaborate on development of Enterprise Data Strategy based on
collaboration with ICRM leaders. Ensure alignment between the
Enterprise Data Strategy and ICRM data priorities.
- Champion and lead data transformation efforts (including talent
and capabilities) for ICRM. Set ICRM strategies; defining the data
architecture and data lineage, ensuring clear data
accountabilities, data standards, implementing data controls, and
owning Issue Management and Resolution.
- Represent data quality and integrity to external Regulators
such as the FRB and OCC.
- Engage with business functional partners conveying data-related
- Increase adoption of a data culture, governance, risk reduction
metrics and data-driven mindset within the relevant
- Represent, and provide ICRM input at any required forums, and
as the Enterprise Chief Data Officer (ECDO) defines enterprise data
strategy and policy/standards.
- Support Consent Orders, Data Transformation programs, Citi Data
Governance Policy (CDGP) and Data Operating Model (DOM)
implementation, and any other programs and policies as
- Continuously improve data governance and management; data
architecture and standards; business and functional engagement;
data comprehensiveness, data quality and coverage; reducing the
inventory of data issues; and accelerating data access and
validation for new projects.
- Engage with ICRM and Business management to prioritize process
and technology enhancements, obtain appropriate staff, budget to
establish a controlled data management environment.
- Define, oversee, and improve production data controls,
operations (reconciliation, quality, etc.) within ICRM. Reduce
exceptions (data concerns). Manage Data Quality Measurement (DQM)
and Transaction Type Code (T-Code), building quality controls,
including enhancements, and improvement to Citi Risk & Control
- Advise on the acquisition, assessment and validation of data in
support of new projects, in line with data standards. Review and
approve project data strategies and exceptions (e.g., new data
- Develop staff, coaching, mentor, Voice of Employee,
Recognition, Individual Development Plans, Recruiting. Support and
advocate for our team members. Experience
- 15+ years management experience in complex, financial
organization, with particular focus in data capture, flow,
processing, metrics and reporting.
- 5-10 years in data management and technology.
- 5+ years in executive / strategy role.
- Broad knowledge of Compliance regulatory drivers; technology
operations; data management practices.
- Primary Location: NAM-US-NY-NY/LIC
- Schedule: Full-time
- Travel: Some (10-20%) Personal Skills
- Strong data and technical knowledge, data governance, domains,
process improvement, and/or new technologies.
- Strong leadership experience, with an ability to influence
Business Unit / Function role, translating Compliance data
strategies and priorities into business, reducing regulatory and
risk implications, into actionable measureable plans.
- Proven ability, program management, executing large complex
- Collaborative partnership, engaging and delivering on Citi's
values and ethics.
- Able to communicate and present in a clear articulate manner.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced Degree preferred -
Job Family Group:
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$275,000.00 - $400,000.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Tenafly , Global Head of ICRM/AML Compliance - Data Governance and Data Integrity, Other , Dumont, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!