Water Quality Specialist
Company: Veolia North America
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in
2021.www.veolia.comJob DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEThe position will
serve a core role in the oversight and management of Veolia
Municipal Water New York's (VWNY) environmental compliance
operations related to water quality, water/wastewater treatment,
and distribution monitoring in Veolia's North American operations.
As a member of the Water Quality Department, the team member will
be continuously working to ensure that the water quality of the
VWNY operations consistently meets and surpasses water quality
standards as required by the county, state and federal regulatory
agencies. This member will also be dedicated to advancing the
best practices of Veolia. A strong understanding of compliance
rules and regulations in the water sector is essential.PRIMARY
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of
acompliance data management system,SAMS.
- Under guidance of supervisory specialists, build and monitor
operational management control systems, performance metrics and
reporting systems to monitor facility operations.
- Supports the evaluation of the operation and performance of
water and wastewater treatment facilities, drives implementation of
recommended improvements to optimize treatment and water
- Assist with the development of training documents, Standard
Operating Procedures and related material for operational database
users and for process control systems. Assist with training of
employees on topics such as regulatory requirements, sample
collection and field analysis procedures.
- Ensure the State and Federal sampling plans are accurate and
are being followed by Veolia staff and contractors.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a compliance tracking
- Oversees and/or assists in the timely preparation and
dissemination of required reports, both internally and externally,
and ensures the efficient use of computer resources for the
provision of information to the proper departments and
- Recommend solutions to operational and technical problems.
- Maintain good relationships with contract laboratories and
review data generated for accuracy.
- Assist with addressing customer water quality issues through
sampling and qualitative and quantitative laboratory testing.
- Stay up to date with water and wastewater regulations within
the regions where VWNY operates.
- Ability to operate within a team-oriented atmosphere and with
indirect supervisory personnel
- Ability to shift priorities frequently and effectively as
- Perform other duties as assignedWORK ENVIRONMENTThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, mechanical,
electrical and chemical equipment and other potential hazards. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The
employee will be provided safety equipment and training against
anticipated exposure risks and without exception will comply with
all safety mandates set by Veolia.QualificationsEducation /
Experience / Background
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science,
Engineering and/or Biology, preferred. Master's degree in related
field a plus.
- Operational certification/licensure in drinking water or
wastewater treatment, and/or experience with environmental
regulatory reporting is a plus. 2 years of overall experience in
data management/analytics, preferably working with drinking water
or wastewater treatment plants, or other processes/facilities (e.g.
industrial waste treatment) that are governed by Federal or State
environmental regulatory agencies.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- An understanding of computer applications is essential.
- Working knowledge of water quality regulations, water treatment
and laboratory testing
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve or trouble-shoot
laboratory or treatment issues to ensure organizational goal of
zero violations is met.
- Mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in conversation and in
- Ability to shift priorities frequently and effectively
depending on project requirements and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people
at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to use Google Workspace and Excel.Additional
InformationA subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA)
offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management
services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and
hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and
resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare,
higher education and municipality customers throughout North
America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has
more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations
across the continent.www.veolianorthamerica.comAs an inclusive
company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Tenafly , Water Quality Specialist, Other , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!