Mixer/Batch Maker - 3rd Shift
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Mixer/Batch Maker - 3rd Shift
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
- Read batch cards to determine product specifications,
processing information, technical information.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch,
such as: ingredients and lot numbers used, temperatures, mixing
speeds, test results.
- Monitor and regulate gauges, recording instruments, flow
meters, and thermometers to correctly adjust the addition of raw
materials, mixing temperatures, mixing speeds, etc. to maintain
product quality, and ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Operate and tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety
of food products such as edible oils, dressings, margarines,
spreads, shortenings, cooking Sherries, vinegars, cooking wines,
- Patrol work area to detect leaks, equipment malfunctions, and
to monitor operating conditions. Report any deficiencies to
Production Supervisor / Maintenance Supervisor.
- Examine product samples during production in order to evaluate
necessary in-process testing requirements. Sample in-process
products for the quality assurance laboratory for testing. Test
samples of products to ensure compliance with specifications, using
test equipment. Document results in required log books and/or batch
records. Report any deviations of results to the Quality Assurance
- Modify manufacturing directives with written authorization by
the Quality Assurance Department by adjusting mixing time cycles
and/or addition of ingredients.
- Responsible for having knowledge of transfer valves, pumps,
etc. which transfers bulk product from manufacturing tanks to run
- Direct other workers who are assisting in the batch making
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Relevant Experience: Previous experience in a food
- Schedule: 11PM - 7:30AM
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Tenafly , Mixer/Batch Maker - 3rd Shift, Professions , Englewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!