Diesel Technician - Closter, NJ *Sign-On $10,000*
Company: Interstate Waste Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Interstate Waste Services is the most progressive and innovative
provider of solid waste and recycling services in the country! We
primarily service Northern New Jersey, Southern New York State, New
York City, and recently expanded our operations of transfer
stations into Pennsylvania and Ohio, where we also own and operate
a state-of-the-art rail-served landfill. We cater to a diverse
range of residential, industrial and commercial customers. Our
mission has always been to provide our customers with the highest
quality waste, recycling and environmental services, while keeping
focus on employee, customer and environmental safety. What makes
our company culture unique is we have mastered the ability to
balance the standards of a large corporate company while
maintaining our small business family style culture. *Job
Highlights* Our Diesel Mechanics perform inspection, diagnosis,
preventative maintenance, and repair of electrical, hydraulic,
suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment,
including diesel heavy trucks and engines. Utilizing diagnostic
software, Mechanics are responsible for interpreting failure modes
and initiate or assign necessary repairs. At times, Mechanics may
be on call, assisting with emergency breakdowns. If you have
experience or training as a Diesel Mechanic - apply now to join our
team of dedicated, skilled tradesmen. We believe in providing the
training and development you need to grow your career with IWS.
* We are continuously investing in equipment, and many of our
trucks are less than 2 years old.
* *This position will be working out of the Closter, NJ*. If need
be, there will be occasional travel to other sites as well as
assisting with emergency breakdowns will be required.
* Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided
* The Diesel Mechanic position may be required to lift up to 50
pounds. Frequent squatting and standing is required.
* Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible
to work in the United States.
* A valid driver's license is required. CDL preferred.
* 2+ years experience working as a heavy duty Diesel Mechanic
* Hydraulics experience is highly preferred
* Experience with troubleshooting/repairing DPF systems diagnostic
software such as Premium Tech Tool (Mack), Allison transmission,
Cummins, CAT, Peterbilt, and Paccar.
* Yellow Iron experience and/or experience as a Mechanic or
Technician for a refuge company is a plus.
* Working knowledge of applicable DOT and OSHA standards and
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse
with colleagues, drivers and dispatch, and be able to make legible
entries on reports and records.
* Must be able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the
* Must be able to provide own tools *Career opportunities* We
believe in providing the training and development you need to grow
your career with IWS. Many of our Supervisors, Dispatchers,
Managers, and other leadership staff, started their careers as
Helpers or Drivers. IWS is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable
characteristics protected by law. *Salary and benefits* IWS is
committed to providing a world class work place to all employees.
Each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation
package including, hourly pay based on experience and paid
overtime, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and more. Our
employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
All mechanics and technicians are members of a Union and benefits
will be provided as outlined in the collective bargaining
agreement. BE A PART OF OUR GROWING COMPANY THAT RESPECTS ITS
PEOPLE, THE COMMUNITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT!' Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus Experience:
* Heavy Truck/Heavy Equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
* Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Interstate Waste Services, Tenafly , Diesel Technician - Closter, NJ *Sign-On $10,000*, Professions , Closter, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!