SUE Technician II
Company: Colliers Engineering Design
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) is a branch of engineering
that deals with mitigating risks associated with new infrastructure
design and construction. We work closely with engineers and utility
owners to help identify utility conflicts using an array of
technologies, including electromagnetic line locators, ground
penetrating radar, GPS, conventional survey and vacuum excavation.
Our work requires a high level of precision and technical
Help power our future! Join our Utilities/Energy team of design
professionals who provide a host of services that include
feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, surveying,
permitting, land acquisition, asset management, SUE, construction
management, and more for renewable energy, oil and gas, electric
transmission and distribution, electric substations and projects.
Committed to delivering safe and sustainable solutions, let
Colliers Engineering & Design accelerate YOUR success!
- Work with a team of talented individuals to help tackle a wide
variety of projects.
- Read and interpret utility records, as-built and survey
drawings and highway design plans.
- Designate existing utilities using electromagnetic and
- Operate and drive a vacuum excavation truck and perform test
holes to expose utilities.
- Utilize appropriate maintenance of traffic.
- Call "One-Call" tickets.
- Coordinate survey work in relation with SUE.
- Supervise activities of field crew.
- Train junior crew members.
- Represent Colliers Engineering & Design in the field and
communicate/coordinate with utility companies.
- Minimum 2 years experience in using electromagnetic and
geophysical designating technologies.
- Experience with vacuum excavation preferred.
- Must be able to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Should have basic computer skills and be able to learn and
understand new software.
- Need to have a high level of reading comprehension and
- Should enjoy working outdoors in a variety of weather
- Need to be able to occasionally travel out of town and work
- Should be able to walk long distances of several miles
- Will sometimes be lifting heavy equipment up to 80 lbs.
- Need to have good driving skills and a clean driving
- Must prioritize the safety of yourself and others.
- May need to work nights/weekends.
What We Offer
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important
resource. That's why we are committed to providing all our
employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for
career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their
projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through
a generous compensation package that includes: company paid
medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability
leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a
company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental
and military leave; employee referral and professional license
bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt
employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours
within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the
resources and technology needed to encourage personal and
professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for
education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and
self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program;
Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so
we can help you Accelerate Your Success!
Keywords: Colliers Engineering Design, Tenafly , SUE Technician II, Professions , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!