Social Work Consultant and Program Evaluator
Company: West Nyack - THQ
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: May 16, 2023
OverviewOur Eastern Territorial Headquarters has an opening for
a Program Evaluator & Clinical Social Work Consultant The Program
Evaluator & Clinical Social Work Consultant is a key role serving
as the Eastern Territory's social work expert and provides a
variety of professional services and social work related support to
the field including, but not limited to, evaluating social
services/ministries programs in accordance with The Salvation Army
National Social Services Standards, provide written best practices,
develop plans and timelines for programs to meet all required
social service standards, review program policies and provide
professional feedback and consultation on a variety of program
areas including program proposals, support and implementation of
appropriate program policies, staff wellness and professional
development, general social work guidance and training relating to
clinical social work and non-clinical social work-related subjects.
This opportunity allows for the individual to have exposure working
with staff in a variety of social service disciplines and a diverse
client population.ResponsibilitiesProgram Evaluation and
- Lead a multidisciplinary review team to conduct social
services/ministries program evaluations (consultations and
pre-assessments) and certifications (full reviews) in accordance
with the National Social Services Standards.
- Prepare reports for review of the Territorial Social Ministries
Secretary and presentation to the Mission Alignment Council, as
appropriate and requested.
- Recruit department staff and/or peer-to-peer reviewers, to
create a multidisciplinary review team, to conduct program
evaluations and certifications.
- Adjudicate certification decisions for programs evaluated,
prepare related correspondence and notify commands and units of the
results of evaluations and certifications including action plan
guidance and follow up.
- Provide technical assistance and support to Command Social
Services Directors in application, achieving and maintain external
accreditation, State and local licensure for social service
- Provide consultation on the implementation of applicable
policies and procedures for social service programs, in compliance
with contracted services, City, State and Federal Regulations,
reinforcing the Department of Homeless Service Code of Conduct and
Client Responsibility specific to housing.
- Represent The Salvation Army on interagency councils and other
community, governmental and advocacy groups, as requested by the
Territorial Social Ministries Secretary. Clinical Social Work
Consultation and Support, Education and Training
- Provide consultation and program development to commands, city
and corps centers for programs such as, housing programs,
behavioral health programs, family and social service/ministry
centers, children's residential programs, non-residential
children's services, adult day care programs, case management
services, food services, foster care programs, medical/dental
clinics, disaster related social service programs and other social
services/ministries programs as they emerge.
- Provide consultation regarding clinical social work situations
taking place in the field (relating to Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders - 5th edition), and focusing on social
work ethics and best practices.
- Communicate to divisional personnel, specific training
requirements for shelter/residence staff, that may include but are
not limited to, crisis response, harm reduction, cultural
competency, first aid, security and surveillance techniques, social
work and counseling.
- Facilitate employee group-work opportunities to help educate
the field on mental health/diagnoses related topics, or on other
social-work related topics.
- Plan, conduct and/or participate in workshops and other staff
- Supervise MSW Interns as assigned Program Development and
- Collaborate with the Divisional Social Services Directors to
ensure the field has available training materials relating to
clinical social work-related topics regarding onboarding and
professional staff development.
- Develop and make available appropriate social service/ministry
data collection/organization tools, social services/ministry forms,
evaluation tools, and program manual or similar templates to
strengthen and support the services provided to Corps/units.
- Assist command social services directors with ongoing
development of policies and procedures, goals and objectives,
outcome-based measures related to social service/ministry program
at all levels of Salvation Army ministry.
- Keep current on program funding resources, both public and
private, and assist Command social services directors in working
with program directors, officers and other related individuals to
secure financial support for programs.Qualifications
- MSW Degree required
- NYS License in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) in accordance with
NYS regulations preferred; or willingness to achieve upon
- 7 years' experience in case management or demonstrated
experience in social services administration.
- Regional monthly travel required (30%)
- Comprehensive knowledge of all housing programs.
- Prior experience with HUD funded programs is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently in English,
Spanish a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires
public speaking and heavily weighted with written reports.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and complete records,
- Proficient in computer operations, specifically Microsoft
- Plan, conduct and/or participate in workshops and other staff
training events (National, Territorial, and Divisional levels), as
requested and/or assigned.
- Train and prepare National Social Standards Review Teams to
conduct program evaluations of Salvation Army programs. What We
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- TSA paid Life Insurance for Employees
- Additional life insurance options for employees
- On-site cafeteria
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal days
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Non-contributory Pension Plan
- Professional Development
- Education Assistance
- Free, on-site Fitness Center
- Federal holidays
- Opportunities to give back and support our communities All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.--------PI216213783
Keywords: West Nyack - THQ, Tenafly , Social Work Consultant and Program Evaluator, Professions , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...