Front Desk Agent
Company: Courtyard Montvale by Marriott
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Courtyard by Marriott Montvale is looking for an Experienced
Guest Service Agent to join our team!You will be responsible for
providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests
during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while
maximizing room revenue and occupancy.Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone system and ensure
that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and
hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to
guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies. Be aware of all
rates, packages and special promotions.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
- Use proper communication etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system. Fosse Knowledge a HUGE plus!
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the
shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete front office reporting.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- * High School diploma or equivalent required.*
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Job Types:
Full-time, Part-timePay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Courtyard Montvale by Marriott, Tenafly , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Montvale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!